Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Old People & Bingo

As human beings we are quick to pick up on other peoples faults. The things that annoy us about other people, and make us angry, also things that we dont agree with and we wouldn't do ourselves.
But have you ever thought of what other people think YOUR faults are? Whether you talk about yourself to much, your always late or that you are really lazy?

There are two types of people on this earth: people who critisise themselves too much and people who critisise others too much.

I know I critisise myself too much. I lay awake at night unable to sleep, regretting little things I have said and whether people have taken things the wrong way, and what the subsequently think of me.
I also know people who critisise others so much that they dont seem to see there own faults. Sometimes it's a little bit like they are calling someone fat when they themselves are 10 stone overweight, or calling someone vain whilst checking themselves out in a shop window.
People like this make me want to scream!

The worst people for it are pensioners. Now I'm not being ageist, but what is it about old people and critisising others? My theory is that they have so much time to sit and think about people, and maybe they regret the things they didn't do when they were young, so there maybe abit of jelous.
But the other day I was helping out at an old peoples Bingo night and I met a lovely lady, who, when asked what perfume she was wearing answered 'Oh, Britney Spears'. Now this old lady was sat next to me and said something really inspirational to me. She said 'Whats the point in being miserable? It means your not enjoying your life, and evan though I'm nearly over the hill, I still have a good laugh'. Now if more people thought like that, the world would be a better place. Because she's right, why are we critisising others and ourselves when we could just move on and be happy. There are always going to be things that annoy us and make us angry about others. But who are WE to make others upset? And who are WE to make others feel like crap?

What that little, feisty old lady said and believed made me, more than ever want to have a happy and exciting life, so that when I'm old, I will lots of stories to tell instead of complaining and critisising. And trust me that old lady had alot of stories to tell, that are not are not fit to repeat!

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.



Now thats over and done with, I would like to apoligise for the lack of blogs recently.
But hopefully I'm now back to filling you in on my very chaotic way of thinking.

And as always, thankyou very much to absolutly anyone who reads my blogs, it means an awful lot :)


LIVE. LAUGH. LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, how I can improve, and also if you have a blog, include a link.